App Development |
Types of Application Development Services
Types of Application Development Services
Many organisations offer application development services today. Several make claims about their quality and affordability. It is wise not to go solely by their word. Verify their quality by communication with past clients. Ask yourself what price is okay with you. Can the outsourcing company deliver the goods to your satisfaction? Will the deliverable address the needs and preferences of your customers? Sometimes you may need software built from scratch. In some cases, you may want to modify existing software. Finally, you may want to upgrade legacy software. We take a look at the different kinds of relevant and presently prevalent application development services.
Different Types of Application Development Services
- Cloud ComputingThis technology is in vogue in the present and is expected to boom in the future. Services can be used from any geographical location using the Internet and authentic login details. Benefits include pay as per usage, high security, outsourcing of software management, seamless scalability, no burden of maintenance and more. More and more software are hosted on the cloud. For the uninitiated, cloud is a dedicated remote server that hosts software applications, storage, computing apps and other useful components. For cloud applications you need a first-rate provider of application development services.
Different Types of Mobile App Development Services
- Building Custom AppsThese applications incorporate the unique requirements and preferences of the client. Ready-made software has a one size fits all design. However, by having custom software in place you can focus on your niche audience and provide superior value. The result is better branding and ramped up revenues as well as profits.
- Building Front-End AppsThese apps can be pre-installed on the smartphone. Otherwise, you can download them from the app stores for free or for a price. The app should not consume a large amount of resources and should be simple to navigate. You need the service of a skilled front-end developer to craft user friendly and fast loading mobile apps. If the app doesn’t load fast the visitor is likely to abandon the app and switch to competitor apps.
- Building Backend AppsBackend makes an app come alive offering communication and relevant information. For this purpose, skilled and experienced backend developers are a must. Uses include Ecommerce transactions, browsing social media, checking news, playing games and more. Security and confidentiality of data are primary concerns.
- Building Cross-Platform AppsThese types of apps are designed to work on different mobile operating systems. The same code can be reused across multiple mobile platforms. They are not as powerful as native apps but come close. You don’t have to develop different apps for different mobile platforms. So valuable time and money is saved which could be diverted to other purposes.
- Building Native AppsThese types of apps work only on a specific operating system. They fully utilise the features and functionality of a particular mobile platform. The result is superior as well as uninterrupted performance. Remember native apps work on a single mobile platform and you will have to build new apps for other mobile platforms. This is an option for users wanting premium experience.
More Types of Application Development Services
- Maintenance and Support ServicesIt is not enough to design and develop useful applications. They must operate smoothly in the future. It is imperative to have stellar maintenance and support services. There can be many problems even after deploying application software. The software can hang. It can give incorrect results. The software may be slow. It may collapse under heavy workloads. It is best to assign maintenance service to the organisation that designed and built the application software. They are familiar with the technology used and existing source code. Compared to new entities they will quickly get to the root of the problem. As such they provide superior service at lesser expense and time consumed.
- Migration to Another PlatformYou may already have full-fledged software. The business requirements may have changed. Or the technology used to craft the software may be outdated. Maybe you want to integrate the software with other software. You need professionals who have expertise and experience in stellar migration services. The full functionality of the old software will be retained. The look and feel of the interface will remain the same to avoid a steep learning curve. Documentation will be created to transit to the newly developed software. If you want you can make the existing software more user friendly. You have the option of introducing new features and functionality into the application software.
- Desktop ApplicationsThis type of software does not need the Internet to run. Most providers have vast experience in developing, deploying and maintaining desktop applications. As a result, they cost less and are built in a relatively short span of time. Look for providers who offer user friendly, attractive, engaging and powerful desktop applications. Offer them multiple desktop application projects to get discounts. Instead of building generic desktop applications go a step further by asking for custom desktop applications. For achieving that the provider should be provided detailed and complete information about your company, your customers and major competitors.
If possible, try out the different software developed by the companies offering application development services. Request a copy of the processes they follow. Study their portfolio and ask what challenges they encountered and solved while developing particular software applications. Ask for their quotes so you can compare with other providers. Brainstorm with your team members to decide which is a good fit for your organisational needs. Ask the provider why you should choose them over other existing providers. What is their unique selling proposition? Do they have a disaster or backup plan ready in the event the software fails? What is the process and quality of their documentation? What is their total experience in application development services? What technologies do they leverage for application development services?
Focaloid is a stellar software development products and services company catering to clients in the US & UK. We have the necessary expertise and experience in different types of application development services. Focaloid has a team of talented and seasoned professionals in various domains and technologies. Over time we have established a mature outsourcing model which is productive, efficient as well as effective. You can safely rely on us to deliver outstanding software solutions and services within stipulated deadlines. Contact us at the earliest to know how we can help you. We are committed to superior client satisfaction and mutual growth.