Software Engineering |
Top 10 Software Engineering Trends for 2022
Top 10 Software Engineering Trends for 2022
Software engineering conceptualizes the entire lifecycle of software applications by analysing the user requirements, designing, developing, and testing end-user products. A software engineer follows a systematic process to understand the requirements, work with multiple teams and various professionals to create the outline of the applications, components or modules to meet the specific requirements of a business enterprise successfully. Over the past couple of years, software engineering has revolutionised to meet the challenges and requirements of the enterprises. Here is a list of top 10 software engineering trends to look for in the year 2022.
- Cloud-native technology This is one of the prominent software engineering trends that allows the companies to manage their resources judiciously at uncertain times. Cloud-native software designs and architecture empower organizations to run their software inside a hybrid, public as well as private cloud during the times of uncertainty by providing the much needed flexibility. The features of apps designed in cloud-native technology are easily manageable and resilient; these features allow the software engineers to make high-impact changes whenever required with minimal effort.
- Kubernete Kubernetes also known as K8s is an open source system that is used by businesses enterprises to build, deploy and automate applications from either public cloud platforms or on-premises infrastructure hosted by Cloud Native Computing Foundation. Some of the key features of Kubernetes include auto-scaling of applications, lifecycle management, load balancing, DevSecOps support among few others. This platform is ideal for managing and deploying containerized applications on multiple hosts.
- Predictive analytics a popular software engineering trend Predictive analytics uses past data, machine learning and statistical algorithms to forecast the future events. There is a humongous amount of structured as well as unstructured data available for the businesses to use. Predictive analytics makes it possible to gain valuable insights from these data to make data driven accurate business decisions to gain a competitive edge over the rivals. More and more businesses are integrating predictive analytics model into their everyday operations to help evaluate and validate, the strength and weaknesses of a business strategy.
- Edge Computing Edge Computing is a cutting edge technology which is bound to gain popularity soon as it has the ability to reduce latency, bandwidth usage, improve privacy and security. This technology brings the communication between the client and server closer. With the rise of Internet of Things(IoT) and smart wearables, this is one of the software engineering trends the designers have to keep a close watch.
- Web 3.0 From Web 1.0 and Web 2.0 we are gradually moving towards Web 3.0, the third generation web applications. Unlike the previous versions, the web pages in Web3.0 will be interactive and sophisticated but will keep the three basic architecture design tiers such as interaction, computation and information in tact. It is said that the third generation web applications may make it possible to process data and information with human-like intelligence through cutting-edge technologies such as Artificial Intelligence and blockchain. The four features that would be imperative while designing the third generation web would be Semantic Web, Artificial Intelligence, Ubiquity and 3D Graphics. Web 3.0 is an upcoming software engineering trends that the software designers have to keep in mind while designing web applications.
- Microservices architecture Another software engineering trend the designers have to look out for is microservices architecture also known as microservices. This style allows large applications to be disintegrated or separated into smaller independent units each with its own set of functionalities. This model allows the developers to focus on developing the services and not on the dependencies. The advantage of this design is that when a user sends a request, the application in turn calls multiple internal microservices to complete the response.
- No-Code or Low-code Development Platforms The No-Code approach is gaining popularity among non-technical business users because the user need not write even a single line of code. The concept of Low-code allows the user to design and develop applications using embedded functionalities and graphical tools as per the requirement. Simply put, the Low-code approach is gaining popularity due to the augmented and simplified experience it offers to create an application in less amount of time. However, a user should have basic programming skills to use Low-code platforms. Both these development platforms allow the users to deploy, manage and deliver pipelines for software solutions. These platforms are one of the software engineering trends to look out for in 2022.
- DevSecOps Another software engineering trend that tops the chart in the year 2022 is DevSecOps. DevSecOps consists of the three disciplines – Development, Security and Operations of any software development. The aim of this model is to integrate security into an application at the development as well as testing stages seamlessly. It allows near-real time running of security tests which gives insight to the developers to find out if there is any security lapses or errors.
- Outsourcing IT tasks With changes in market demands happening at lightning speed, organizations are forced to make the necessary changes to their business process software every now and then. Instead of organizations developing their own customized software, they are outsourcing certain specific applications, services to external service providers. These service providers can be either domestic, nearshore or offshore.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)and Machine Learning (ML)Approach Organisations are aiming at making accurate real-time decisions based on real-time data. There is a rising trend to use AI and ML tools in data-driven as well as user-driven applications where the data is collected and provided to complex ML models that are later run on handheld mobile devices. This approach makes date collections easier and cost effective for making complex decisions quickly and at ease. This Software engineering tool is currently trending.
Software engineering is a vast field where the professionals have to coordinate with a team of designers, writers, coders, testers to articulate the requirements of the businesses. The new era business houses are well aware of the impact software engineering has on the daily operations of one’s business. Therefore, software engineering is here to stay and the above mentioned software engineering trends 2022 will help the business enterprises to develop quick, better and efficient software products that help in making fast, accurate decisions, and strategize market plans to be ahead of their competitors.
Focaloid is a reputed software services and solutions company catering to clients in the US and UK. The company has a sizable pool of software engineering professionals who have expertise and experience to customize strategies that enable them to help grow your business. Reach out to us to meet your specific and unique software engineering solutions.